In Genesis 1:2, the earth was a desolation, and emptiness, and darkness was deep and pervasive. On the cross, Christ came under God’s curse of desolation, emptiness, and deep, pervasive darkness. In Him, the new creation has begun. Listen to the whole sermon: http://glemmelo.com/2016/02/29/out-of-impotence/
OUT OF IMPOTENCE
1. The Omnipotent’s heart and focus
a. His love for the earth: God created the earth.
b. His love for man: God created the earth for us.
c. His love for His Son: God created the earth and man for Christ.
– Thank, praise and worship God. He created the universe for you.
– Glorify Christ with your life. God created you for His Son.
2. The impotence of what the Omnipotent’s heart and focus is on
a. The earth was a desolation, and emptiness, and darkness was deep and pervasive.
b. Desolation, emptiness and darkness are symbols of God’s judgment for sin.
c. In His sufferings, death, and burial, Christ came under God’s curse of desolation, emptiness, and deep, pervasive darkness.
– Confess your spiritual impotence before the Lord, and repent.
– Thank, praise, and worship Christ, the omnipotent God the Son…
View original post 94 more words